Viacom International Media Networks is a name you’ve certainly seen even if this is the first time! Viacom is the umbrella for famous television brands such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, VH1, VIVA and many more.
It operates over 130 linear and non-linear television channels from our International Media Center in Amsterdam, reaching 62 million households in the Benelux, Scandinavia, France, German-speaking countries and Poland, as well as Eastern Europe, Africa, Russia and Southeast Asia.
For our IMM Global Content Services department, we are currently recruiting an intern.
Wat ga je doen?
Your task will be to help and make sure all material that we broadcast is available on time and in all required languages. New shows from Awkward to Spongebob will need subtitles or audio dubbings for all the different countries the content plays out to. You need to work closely together with other local departments but also with teams abroad like London and New York to ensure the planned programming goes to air in a timely matter. This also includes all new music videos, promo’s, trailers and interstitials.
We deliver and source materials for all our channels, our video on demand partners and the external clients
- To order and assist with material needed for transmission/publishing from both internal and external parties
- Ensure all metadata for longform- and/or shortform content is accurately entered into Mediagenix What’s On
- To make sure that all (meta)data is available
- To coordinate and order – where needed - localisation (by subtitling and dubbing)
- To communicate any delivery or processing issues well in advance and suggest potential solutions
- To work in accordance with our deadlines, targets and quality standards
- Assist the Content Operations Manager and the Content Operators
- Any other tasks associated with Content Operations
- Contribute pro-actively to improving and streamlining processes and procedures by challenging the status-quo and proposing solutions and alternatives
- Good Microsoft Office skills including in particular experience of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Effective communication in English and at least one other language
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Keen attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Planning and organisational ability
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
- Capable of turning repetitive work into a creative challenge
- A great sense of humor and an all-encompassing affinity with our brands and our audiences
Herken jij jezelf in dit profiel?
Knowledge & Experience:
- Studying MBO/HBO level in a relevant direction
- Enthusiastic about working and studying in a broadcast environment
- Interested in media logistic processes
- Proper knowledge of the English language (written and spoken), one or more other European languages are a plus
- Duration of 5 months
- EU citizen
Wie zijn wij?
Viacom Benelux is onderdeel van Viacom International Media Network, in de Benelux heeft Viacom in haar merkenportfolio: Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central en Spike. Als een van ’s werelds meest toonaangevende entertainment content organisaties weten we wat onze kijker zoekt en leveren over de hele wereld televisie, motion pictures en een breed aanbod van digitale media. Voor alle zenders in onze portfolio voeren we een lokale strategie waarbij we kijken welke shows en activiteiten het beste passen bij onze fans in Nederland en België. Viacom Benelux haar fans via de free to air kanalen MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Spike en Comedy Central. Viacom Benelux is ook actief in de Pay TV markt met verschillende digitale kanalen zoals MTV Brand New, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, NickMusic, Comedy Central Family en Comedy Central Extra.